Interpretation and Translation Services
We are committed to delivering services to people in a fair way and providing an interpretation and translation service is an essential part of our quality services.
We provide an interpretation and translation service to tenants:
- whose first language is not English
- who have a hearing or sight impairment
- who have difficulty reading Standard English print and require information in accessible formats.
To help meet the needs of tenants we can:
- Arrange for a community language interpreter (face to face or telephone)
- Arrange for a British Sign Language Interpreter
- Translate written material such as leaflets, posters and letters
- Translate written material into Braille, Large Print and Audio tape and CD
We also have portable loop systems available and ramped entrances at all One Stop Shops. We aim to provide accessible housing offices, however home visits may be arranged if you cannot visit our offices.
This website can be translated into other languages, and the size of text can be changed ,by using the accessibility tab at the bottom of this page. We also have a screen reader availble.
Other requirements which would help tenants to access our services can be arranged by contacting us.
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 February 2017 12:55