Wolverhampton Homes' Equality and Diversity Steering Group (EDSG) is chaired by the our Equality Champion Board member and includes Wolverhampton Homes' Chief Executive, heads of service and key officers, and representative from both statutory and voluntary organisations, as well as community groups within the city.
The aim of the steering group is to support Wolverhampton Homes in mainstreaming the equality and diversity agenda and to provide a platform for discussion about all its aspects, including how they impact on the work we do as a social housing provider.
Terms of Reference
To provide a steer and to assist in prioritising the work of Wolverhampton Homes in relation to equality and diversity.
- To scrutinise Wolverhampton Homes' performance on equality and to identify areas for improvement.
- To offer advice and guidance to help ensure Wolverhampton Homes complies with legislative and statutory requirements with all protected characteristics outlined within the Equality Act 2010 and takes action to:
Eliminate discrimination and harassment
Promote equality of opportunity
Promote good relations and positive attitudes towards people
Encourage participation in public life
To meet the needs of people with disabilities.
- To involve members of staff in the scrutinising process.
- To maintain links with third party organisations, employees and board members of Wolverhampton Homes.
- To help ensure Wolverhampton Homes continues to maintain the Excellence Standard of the Social Housing Framework for Local Government.
- To advise, inform and assist with the development and review of key policies, strategies, and functions relevant to equality and diversity.
- To make recommendations to Senior Management and Wolverhampton Homes' Business Improvement Committee on the development or review of key policies, strategies or functions relevant to equality and diversity.
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 November 2018 11:15