Tailored Services to Meet Needs
We will provide services tailored to meet individual needs to ensure services are equally accessible.
- Provide same gender officers for visits and interviews on request
- Make contact via carers, family members, social workers or specialist agencies where requested
- Provide Tenants Updates (summaries) in large print or different language at tenants' request
- Make arrangements for BSL interpreters and international language interpreters to attend and support in home visits and interviews
- Give increased priority for repairs for tenants having a serious illness
- Provide support to tenants who have needed assistance in reading letters and completing forms
- Provide protective footwear to be used by staff (shoe covers) when entering homes (cultural requirement / request)
- Arrange home visits and interviews around the need to respect a day of worship
- Knock and wait when calling or visiting tenants who are hard of hearing or who may take longer to come to the door
Examples of Tailored Services:
- Provision of hearing loops in all our One Stop Shops
- Support provided for elderly tenants - Extra Care Scheme and Aftercare decorating scheme (as part of Planned Improvement Works)
- Installation of flashing and vibrating alarms and door bells for tenants with hearing or visual impairments (as part of Planned Improvement Works)
- Dedicated Support provided for gypsies and travelling families
- Gardening service for tenants who are unable to maintain their homes in place(due to age and frailty)
- Provided posters and signage at One Stop Shops to assist people with visual impairments
- Enhanced pre-tenancy supporting service in place targeting applicants most likely not to sustain their tenancies - service currently aimed at young people 16-24yr olds.
- Enhanced post tenancy support service
- Annual repair checks programmed targeting tenants with learning, hearing or visual impairments.
- Two hour response to a repair - increased priority given to tenants with a serious illness
- Rechargeable repairs policy - includes provisions to recognise tenant’s circumstances.
- Home Safety Project - targeting families with children under five, aiming to raise awareness of the safety requirements around the home.
- Protocol with ACCI in place - Specialist agency to help and support Black African /Caribbean tenants in rent arrears.
- Funded projects for youth diversionary activities
- Protocols in place with specific agencies including; CAB, Pensions Service, Credit Union to help specific groups where hardship is identified.
- A 'supported bidders register' in place with the lettings team, who will work with applicants to determine and offer a level of support when bidding for properties.
- Translation facility available on website - website includes facility to access information in different languages
- Planned improvement work - materials and scope of work will tailor requirements to meet individual needs including kitchen designs and colour options and we will take account of tenants' own appliances, cultural preferences and any service adjustments required due to having a disability.
- We have secured funding to help run projects to help better support – Older Tenants, Disabled Tenants and Tenant suffering poor mental health.
- We have introduced a – Supporting People In Need (SPIN) Policy and supporting procedures. The policy outlines our commitment towards identifying and supporting new and existing customers who are, or who may become, vulnerable and require more support while in their tenancy.
We will look to tailor services for any individual or household who experiences difficulty with everyday life and who may need some additional support to make sure they are able to sustain their tenancy.
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 February 2017 12:06