As we move into Spring, many of us are still feeling the post-Christmas pinch. April marks the beginning of the new financial year and now would be the perfect time to take control of your finances and get back on track, putting you in good stead for the summer months.
Balancing a budget can be challenging at any time of year. With the added pressures of planning for summer holidays on the horizon, it's easy to lose track of your spending.
If you're not careful, you could easily fall behind on your priority bills, like rent - the bill that literally keeps a roof over our heads.
Our Income Officers will be keeping a close eye on rent accounts over the next few weeks, to ensure rent is paid on time and that people stay out of debt. If you'd prefer not to hear from them between now and April, please make sure your rent account is up to date.
Did you know?
- rent should be paid on time and weekly, fortnightly or monthly in advance
- our preferred method of payment is Direct Debit. It's quick and easy to set up, and best of all it's secure and takes the hassle out of making payments. To set up a Direct Debit complete our online form
- payments can also be made online using My Account - if you haven't already, sign up now
If you're struggling with rent, bills or other debts, don't bury your head in the sand - talk to us. Our Money Smart team have the knowledge and expertise to offer you advice and guidance on:
- accessing loans and grants
- debt advice
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 March 2020 10:54
- Published: Monday, 09 March 2020 17:11