We’re supporting Gas Safety Week again this year. Gas can be a silent killer – so make sure your home is gas safe.
Check out the Gas Safe Register's nationwide interactive gas map, which identifies the most dangerous postcodes in the country.
The map, staygassafe.co.uk, reveals how many unsafe gas appliances have been found lurking in an area and reveals:
- One in four homes inspected in the West Midlands had an unsafe gas appliance
- During a routine fire safety check, local firefighters discovered an unserviced gas fire was leaking deadly carbon monoxide in a family home, which was poisoning an 83-year-old-man
- Six people, including a young child, were taken to hospital after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in their home
- Gas fires are the most dangerous gas appliances in homes
Our contractors Dodd Group, will service your gas appliances each year. The service is completely free and only takes about 30 minutes - please make sure you keep your appointment. Find out more about gas servicing.
Putting Gas Safety First!
Your safety is our top priority. This is why it is so important that all tenants keep their gas safety check appointments.
The law says we must check every gas appliance provided in our properties every year, to make sure they are working safely.
Every year in the UK a number of people die from carbon-monoxide poisoning because of faulty gas appliances. Often these deaths could have been avoided if the appliance had been regularly checked.
We will write to you at least seven days before your gas safety check with your first appointment, this gives you a chance to re-arrange if the time is not convenient. We will also attempt to ring you the day before to confirm that you are available.
About 75% of people now keep their first appointment and we would like to get that figure even higher to prevent wasted journeys and the emissions they cause.
Thank you for keeping your appointments, we will use social distancing and excellent hygiene to keep you safe and the engineer will wear a mask and gloves at your request.
- Last Updated: Monday, 14 September 2020 17:46
- Published: Monday, 14 September 2020 15:45