Water Saving Week reminds us how important it is to be water wise and ultimately save money and resources.
So for us at Wolverhampton Homes and for our tenants, this can result in both financial savings and environmental benefits in the following ways:
- Using less water can reduce your costs in both paying for your water, which costs around £1/m3, but also in reducing disposal and treatment costs which can be £2 to £3/m3 – a double win;
- Water use is very often linked to energy costs in that energy is required to heat water and to treat it, so lower water usage can mean savings in your energy bills – a triple win;
- Using less water has a direct impact on your carbon emissions, and reduces your carbon footprint;
- Managing water use supports our policy for improved environmental performance and demonstrates to our customers and stakeholders that we are acting as a responsible business.
Our Energy and Climate Change team is already helping tenants save water and energy through our home energy visits which give tenants and leaseholders advice and a water saving kit. The team are also working with Severn Trent Water and the Environmental Agency to look for more water saving opportunities for tenants and staff.
For more information or to request Free Water Saving Kits & Home Energy Visits read our energy management pages.
- Last Updated: Monday, 27 October 2014 12:22
- Published: Friday, 04 July 2014 09:28