We love Wolverhampton and we think that more people should "Enjoy Wolverhampton" too!
Everyone can Enjoy Wolverhampton during an exciting ten-day programme of events planned across the city from Friday 1st to Sunday 10th July.
You can enjoy:
- a free afternoon of horse racing at Wolverhampton Racecourse on Tuesday, July 5th
- free entry to the Wolves Museum where you can have your football memorabilia valued
- a free tour of Banks’s Brewery
- the city’s arts offering at Wolverhampton Art Gallery, Grand Theatre, Light House, and the Junction Festival of Contemporary Arts
- Wolvestock Country Music Festival at Wolverhampton Racecourse on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd
- Banstock Acoustic Music Festival at Banstock House on Saturday 9th
- the free Festival of Urban Culture at the Mander Centre on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th
- fun for all the family in the city centre’s Queen Square on Wednesday 6th where you can experience the thrill of Formula 3
- a celebration of the day Queen Victoria visited the city with the Mayor of Wolverhampton on Monday 4th and Wednesday 6th
- free entry to the Discover Engineering Family Day at Bantock House, with vintage cars, steam engines, a military camp, and jobs and apprenticeship opportunities
- a range of free activities available at WV Active's ‘Super Sunday Family Fun Day’
- nature trails at Northycote Farm and Bantock House throughout the ten days with prizes up for grabs.
For full details of the fun-packed programme of events head to www.enjoywolverhampton.com.
So, sample Wolverhampton at its best, plus you can browse the city’s shops and indulge yourself in the restaurants, cafes and bars.
Cherry Shine, Wolverhampton Business Improvement District (BID) Director, said:
There is so much to enjoy in Wolverhampton and this is clear from the full programme of events during the first ten days of July.
Our city is going through unprecedented change, attracting significant investment, with the redevelopment of the Mander Centre, progress on the Interchange, and the opening of the youth zone, ‘The Way’, illustrating the city’s future is bright.
There is always a reason for people to Enjoy Wolverhampton.”
Wolverhampton Racecourse Commercial Sales Director, Jan Denning, added:
Wolverhampton Racecourse is proud to be an ‘Enjoy Wolverhampton’ partner.
“We are really excited about next month’s ten-day programme. It is a great initiative showcasing our great city.
Wolverhampton really is a city full of hidden gems, from restaurants, cafe bars, music and the arts, to fun and thrilling experiences such as events at the racecourse.”
Councillor John Reynolds, City of Wolverhampton Cabinet Member for City Economy, said:
Wolverhampton is a vibrant, thriving city with plenty to offer every day of the year.
For ten days this July there is even more on offer and it is a great way to sample places you might not normally think of visiting.”
- Last Updated: Monday, 20 June 2016 14:03
- Published: Monday, 20 June 2016 14:02