Health and Safety in Procurement
Keeping our staff, contractors and customers safe is the most important thing to us.
We’ll only award contracts to those who can prove that health and safety is equally important to them.
Suppliers will need to show us evidence about their commitment to health and safety within the tender process. This might include:
- Up-to-date health and safety policies
- Evidence of staff competence
- Adequate risk assessment procedures
- Adequate system of reviewing health and safety performance and monitoring and reporting accidents, incidents and ill health
- Access to competent health and safety advice
- Instances of prosecutions, improvement or prohibition notices served by the Health and Safety Executive
If it’s relevant, health and safety related questions will also be built into the award criteria of the tender.
For works’ related contracts we’ll need suppliers to show us their health and safety competence through their SSIP certificate.
We’ll monitor suppliers’ health and safety promises throughout the contract and could suspend or cancel the contract, at the contractor’s expense, if health and safety or legal requirements are breached.
- Last Updated: Monday, 04 September 2017 09:58