Our staff want to provide you with the best possible service and to do that they have the right to work in a safe environment free from threatening or aggressive behaviour.
We will not tolerate any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards any of our staff or contractors. This includes:
- verbal abuse including name calling, bullying, shouting or swearing
- threat of any of the above
- harassment on social media
- assault - resulting in injury or not
- assault using a weapon or other instrument including broken bottles, hypodermic needles etc.
- sexual assault
- injury caused by pets e.g. dogs
- threat of harm to property or family
- racial or sexual abuse
If any of the above occurs we will take legal action. Depending on the nature of the abuse, it may be dealt with as:
- a criminal offence (Protection of Harassment Act 1997) or
- a tenancy breach (if the perpetrator is a council tenant under section 49 of the Tenancy Agreement) which may result in tenancy enforcement action being taken being taken against the tenant.
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 06 January 2016 11:32