Treating people with respect and giving everyone a fair chance is something that’s really important to us.
We believe that everyone should have equal access to services and the opportunity to participate in a full community life. We want to help build a stronger Wolverhampton and support our communities so everyone feels valued and safe.
We love the fact that our city and our workforce are so diverse – we think it’s what helps make our city great.
As an organisation, we’re committed to making sure our policies and services reflect the communities we serve because we recognise that different people and communities may have different needs and this may sometimes mean providing a range of different services to meet those needs.
We are committed to maintaining “Excellence throughout our organisation” in relation to equality and diversity in service delivery and employment practices.
To date we have undertaken a range of self assessment exercises to ensure our performance i equlaity and diversity is independently reviewed.
- Social Housing Equality Framework Accreditation: we achieved "Excellence" in 2012
- CIH Charter in 2013/14
- Stonewall Top 100 Employer: we achieved in 2017
- Diversity Network Accreditation: we achieved "Excellence" with 11 distinctions in 2017
As one of the largest employers in the city we will:
work towards employing a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve in order to be equipped to meet the diverse needs of local people.
- treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- make sure that the money we spend is used to support and encourage equality of opportunity and good community relations.
- champion equality of opportunity and challenge all forms of discrimination.
Find out more about the work we’re doing to make our city fairer:
If you need help to continue to live in your home independently, or you're a private householder and need a bit of help with repairs, we have services to suit you.