We appreciate that many of our estates have very little off-road parking and that finding a parking space isn’t always easy, but please be considerate when deciding where to park your vehicle.
Here are a few things we ask you to think about:
- Please park your vehicle in a designated parking area, such as in a car park or on your drive where there is a dropped kerb and a hard standing, or on the road where it’s legal to do so and where it’s not going to get in the way people or traffic.
- If you’ve got your own allocated parking space, please use it.
- If you want to park a caravan or motorhome outside your property, get permission first from your Tenancy Officer by completing the online form [e-form]. If you fail to get written permission it will be classed as a breach of your tenancy and you run the risk of getting into trouble.
- Please do not park caravans, boats, trailers, commercial vehicles or other such vehicles in spaces that are meant for cars and motorbikes.
- Please do not park on gardens or grass verges. If you do, this will be classed as a breach of tenancy and you may be charged for any damage caused to kerbs or to the grass.
- Please do not be inconsiderate by parking your vehicle in a space that has been allocated to someone else.
- You’re not allowed to carry out any major repairs to any vehicles or to park any un-roadworthy vehicles outside your home or on the roadside.
- Please do not park anywhere that’s likely to block emergency vehicles, such as ambulances and fire engines.
Driveways and dropped kerbs
If you want to park your vehicle on your drive you will need to have both a dropped kerb and a hard standing. To find out more please visit our Driveways and dropped kerbs webpage.
We understand that parking is a real issue on some estates. For this reason we rent out garages so that residents can park their vehicles with peace of mind, without the hassle of having to search for a parking space.
Garages are in limited supply and are not found on all estates. For more information please visit our webpage on applying for a garage.
- Last Updated: Monday, 09 April 2018 13:39