Changes to rent charges
In 2019, there are 53 rent weeks instead of the usual 52. This happens every seven years and will go back to 52 weeks in April 2020.
How will this affect you?
Yes it will affect everyone, as it is your responsibility to pay the rent, but you must remember:
- If you are in receipt of housing benefit the 53 weeks rent will be covered.
- If you are in receipt of Universal Credit or working you will need to ensure you pay the 53 weeks rent.
- If you pay by Direct Debit - your payments will already be set up to cover 53 weeks.
- If you pay monthly - your payments will need to increase to cover the 53 weeks.
Paying in advance
Rent needs to be paid in advance whether it is weekly, fortnightly or monthly as stated in your Tenancy Agreement.
- Last Updated: Friday, 20 September 2019 13:49