Rubbish, recycling and fly-tipping
In this section, you can find out how to manage your waste, the correct ways to get rid of unwanted bulky items, and how to report fly-tipping.
Rubbish and recycling
Your household waste and bin collections are managed by the City of Wolverhampton Council.
Visit the council's website to find out:
- when your bins will be collected
- what should go in your different bins
- how to report a missed bin
- how to order a new bin
It is illegal to dump rubbish in open spaces, alleyways, or in communal areas. It also looks messy, it's a health hazard, and it is bad for the environment. If you need to get rid of unwanted items, you could:
- donate them to charity
- give them away on freecycle
- take them to the local waste and recycling centre
- ask the city council to collect them for you
If you see fly-tipping, please report it to the council using their online form.
The council offers residents a bulky items removal service.
They will dispose of bulky items, including electricals, for a small fee, or even free of charge if you receive certain benefits.