We are passionate about developing our people so Wolverhampton Homes is a great place to start your career.
We are making a positive difference to the lives of people in Wolverhampton so if you’ve just left school or college, or are looking for a change in direction, this could be your perfect next step.
Applications to our 2023 apprenticeship programme have now closed. Check back in 2024 for details of our next intake.
Our apprenticeship programmes
National minimum wage
Based in Wolverhampton
At Wolverhampton Homes we’re committed to supporting our 21,000 customers to get on in life through providing good quality homes and great service, with the customer voice at the heart of everything we do.
As an apprentice here, you’ll find we’re just as passionate about helping you get on, through a supportive environment, comprehensive training and plenty of hands-on learning. Developing a close network with your community of fellow apprentices, you’ll have an impact from day one as you work alongside a dedicated mentor, with the support of a programme manager and line manager.
From day one, you will work within an operational team where your positive approach and professional attitude will help you to deliver an excellent standard of customer service and contribute to a positive experience for our customers and their families.
Typically taking between two and four years to complete, these roles offer an amazing opportunity for you to earn whilst you learn and are a great alternative to university. You’ll gain extensive practical experience on a structured apprenticeship programme, alongside formal college-based study on a day or block release basis, leading to a nationally recognised qualification. You’ll be paid a salary so you won’t need a costly student loan, and your work will have real meaning as you’ll be supporting live projects, working in customers’ homes and learning about our business.
Our apprentices receive the National Minimum Wage, which varies depending on your age.
We’re looking for people who can work as part of a team and seek out opportunities to improve through being open to new ideas. You’ll be respectful of others and you’ll always strive to deliver your promises and do a great job, each and every time.
Our apprenticeship programme is challenging and rewarding, so if you have a strong academic background and a thirst for knowledge, we want to hear from you. But we know that success and potential is determined by far more than academic results, so if you hold a minimum of GCSE Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above, and have great practical skills, a can-do attitude and problem solving abilities, we encourage you to apply.
We value individuals who possess a wide range of skills and attributes that will contribute to a well-rounded apprenticeship experience. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants, recognising that individuals with different strengths and talents can contribute to our diverse team.
- GSCE Mathematics and English Language to at least Grade C/4+.
- Willingness to attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills to succeed.
- Desire and willingness to work in a customer focused environment, putting our customers at the heart of everything you do.
- Spatial awareness, numerical ability, and logical reasoning when making decisions.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks and to work in a reliable and productive manner.
- Effective communication (oral, written, listening, body language, presentation), and ability to communicate with a wide variety of people.
- Well organised, flexible, committed, enthusiastic and innovative, and able to use own time effectively to complete the work on schedule.
About Wolverhampton Homes
We're an Arm's Length Management Organisation and we manage more than 21,000 properties on behalf of the City of Wolverhampton Council.
Our mission is to help people get on in life. Our vision is unlocking people’s potential through housing, skills and technology and our four company values, which shape how we behave, the work that we do and the people we hire, are:
- Working together
- Open to new ideas
- Respecting differences
- Delivering our promises
All of our work is centred on three key areas:
- Providing safe and secure homes
- Supporting people to sustain their tenancies
- Enhancing our community and customer focus
We operate a range of housing services for customers, including property repairs and maintenance, tenancy management and support, and homelessness support. We have a large Corporate Services team who look after everything from our contact centre, to marketing and communications, to our ‘My Account’ system which allows customers to access their account online to pay bills and report repairs. We’re also responsible for some of the huge £multi-million regeneration projects taking place in the city, like our award-winning project in Heath Town.
There are lots of opportunities out there for you, so why choose this one?
- We’re committed to your development and growth, and will support you to be the best you can be, with plenty of opportunities available to you
- With more than 600 colleagues, we’re one of Wolverhampton’s largest employers
- We are a company with true social purpose. We actively strive to support the City of Wolverhampton Council in making the city a great place to live, work and socialise through funding community projects, providing work placements, supporting inclusive initiatives and doing our best to ‘give something back’
- Social housing is an innovative and diverse sector to work in, with exposure to varied challenges and unique situations which help you develop a broad range of transferable skills
- More than a quarter of households in Wolverhampton live in social housing, so your work is meaningful, and will have a huge impact on the lives of people in the city and our society
- We’re at the forefront of the Green Agenda in the city. Managing and maintaining more than 21,000 properties brings with it unique opportunities to create positive change and make a real difference through innovation
- Wolverhampton Homes is a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and your unique perspective is valued
- We can offer wide-ranging opportunities to progress your career on completion of your apprenticeship
- Read blogs from current and past apprentices, Fulvio, Alex and Chloe to find out more about their experiences of the programme