Believing in accessibility for all

Setting up your gas and electric

As part of the safety checks we carry out on all new lets, we will need to test and commission your central heating system before you can use it. This does not apply to you if your home has electric storage heaters. 

1. Register with an energy supplier

Before we can test and commission your central heating system, you first need to register for electric and gas if you have a gas supply, with your home's current energy supplier. You will have been given this information when you signed your tenancy agreement, but if you no longer have it to hand, you can find out who your supplier is by following the links below:

Find out who provides your electricity

Find out who provides your gas

2. Your test and commission appointment

If you have already been given an appointment for our engineer to visit you, please ensure you're registered with your energy supplier before the appointment. If you've not yet registered, please contact us straight away to rearrange your appointment. 

If you have a pre-payment meter, you will need to ensure you have at least £6 credit on each meter at the time of the appointment. This won't be necessary for credit or smart meters.

Is your home maintained by United Living?

Some of our homes are maintained by our partner, United Living. You will have been told if this applies to you when you signed your tenancy agreement. If so, please contact United Living directly to book your test and commission appointment.

They can be contacted between the hours of 8am and 4:30pm on 01902 867950 or 0800 0925344. United Living will aim to complete the test and commission within 24 hours, excluding weekends.