Believing in accessibility for all

woman with phone and credit card

Home contents insurance

We recommend that you buy home contents insurance to protect your furniture and other personal belongings in the event of fire, theft, flood or other unexpected events. There are lots of insurance providers and deals out there so it's always best to shop around to get the best deal possible.  

To make it easy for you to insure your belongings, we have teamed up with Ageas to offer our customers affordable home contents insurance. It is available to all tenants and occupying leaseholders and can be paid for weekly or monthly in advance by Direct Debit. 

  • Why should I choose this home contents insurance?
    • no excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim) 
    • covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
    • covers tenant improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
    • covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
    • covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
    • covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
    • you don’t need to have a special door or window locks (just a lockable front door)


  • Who is this policy for?

    We have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist tenants contents insurance policies. The scheme is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.

    The scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

    Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer, Ageas Insurance Limited.

    The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the policy wording, which you should read carefully. 

    If you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact us.  

  • New customer information

    If you are considering home contents insurance through usthese documents from Ageas contain all the information you need.

    Before completing the application form, please review the documents linked below. These documents give you important information on your rights and how we deal with you and your insurance and key information regarding the insurance cover.

    Please note that the insurance policy we provide is arranged on a non-advised basis. This means that you will be provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.

    Policy cover  

    Insurance product information  

    Important customer information  

  • How to apply

    If you have read all the available information and you have a query please contact us and a member of the income team will get back to you.


    To apply please download and fill in the home contents insurance application. Once completed, please upload your application using this form.


    Alternatively please email your filled in application to:

  • How to make a claim 

    To make a claim, please phone Ageas Insurance Ltd. direct on 0345 165 5768.

    Ageas will start your claim process and will contact us to validate your policy. 


    What to do if you have a complaint

    It is always our intention to give you the best possible service. If you have any questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim you should follow the Thistle Insurance Services complaints procedure.

    For complaints about a Wolverhampton Homes service please read more on our Complaints and Feedback page.

    Thistle Insurance Services Data Protection Privacy Policy. 

Please note

This webpage is for general information only. It does not represent investment, tax, legal or any other forms of advice. You should not rely on this information to make, or not make, any decisions. Always get independent, professional advice for your own situation.  

Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.