Rights and responsibilities
Your tenancy agreement comes with lots of rights and responsibilities. It’s a two-way relationship, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to understand what we expect of you and what you can expect from us in return.
Your key tenant responsibilities are:
- you must pay your rent in full and on time. If you are struggling financially, you must tell us so that we can offer you the right help and support
- live in your property and use it as your only home
- do not run any business from your home without our written consent
- keep your home and garden clean, tidy and in a good condition
- report any repairs to us quickly so that we can complete them in good time
- allow us reasonable access to your home
- check your smoke detectors regularly and tell us of any problems
- do not break the law in your home and be considerate to your neighbours by not causing any nuisance, and ensure your household and any visitors to your home do the same
- treat our staff with respect
- tell us of any changes to your household
- tell us in advance if you’re going away for more than four weeks
- give us notice if you are planning to move out
As your landlord, we promise to:
- offer you a reliable repairs service
- complete any repairs for which we are responsible to a good standard. Find out what repairs you are responsible for
- treat you with respect
- consult with you on proposed changes to our services
- give you the opportunity to share your views about our services, and listen to your ideas on how we could improve
- fairly consider your requests for permission and give our consent, provided it does not put either you or us in breach of the tenancy agreement
- investigate and respond to complaints
- respect your privacy and keep your personal information safe
More information about your rights and responsibilities can be found in the tenancy agreement.
We want you to be happy in your home and enjoy a long and successful tenancy. If you have any problems managing your tenancy, please tell us straight away so we can support you.
We want to make sure that only genuine people with real housing need live in our homes. If you know or suspect that housing fraud is taking place, please report it.