Giving Something Back
We love Wolverhampton and we want to play our part in helping to make our city an even better place to live.
But it’s not just about housing – it’s about supporting good causes, helping our communities and providing social value.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with our staff, our partners and other contractors - so we can help give something back.
Each year – our staff and partners volunteer their time to support a new project. In the past we’ve built new play areas in Poets’ Corner in Fordhouses and at Princess Anne Road in Bilston and a sensory garden in Bradmore. Plus we’ve helped raise thousands of pounds for good causes and local charities.
Our strategy falls into four strands:
- Community involvement initiatives
- Charitable giving initiatives
- Education activities
- Tailored services initiatives
- Encouraging staff to work with local charities and third sector organisations which we directly support.
- Encouraging partner organisations to create an inclusive and supportive working environment.
- Supporting waste management initiatives
- Our Energy Wise project providing home energy visits service to tenants to look energy saving efficiencies and an energy challenge covering all in house operations
- Educational support for schools about the environment
- Investment in environmental projects and initiatives
- Delivering value for money
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Sustaining a robust supply chain
- Leading by example
- Innovative procurement
- Minimising business risk
- Creating markets for new products and services
Here are just some of the ways of how we’re doing our bit to give something back….
- #Heartsafe Campaign - in July 2015 we teamed up with our partners at United Living, Travis Perkins and Wates Living Space to donate a defibrillator for the city centre
- Staff volunteering - our staff love to give something back to the community so take part in a volunteering project each year.
- Food bank - we're proud to support Wolverhampton Foodbank and our staff and partner organisations regularly donate food, toiletries and goodie bags to the food bank.
- Last Updated: Friday, 26 January 2018 14:54