We are proud to support Gas Safety Week 2020! Unsafe gas appliances can put you and your family at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
If you're a tenant of ours, contractors at the Dodd Group will service your gas appliances each year. The service is completely free and only takes about 30 minutes - please make sure you keep your appointment. Find out more about gas servicing.
Our top tips are:
- Make sure you know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Check your gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly for example lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Your property will have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your property so please do not remove it for any reason, even if you're decorating.
- Please make sure that you allow our Gas Service Contractor from the Dodd Group to gain access at the first opportunity to carry out the gas safety check. The Engineer will ask some safety questions around covid-19 and will use social distancing and excellent hygiene to keep you safe when they visit your home.
- If you smell gas or suspect there is a gas escape, or if your carbon monoxide alarm goes off or you think you have symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, you should do the following straight away:
- Shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve. If gas continues to escape call: Cadent on the Gas Emergency free phone number 0800 111 999.
- Open all doors and windows.
- Do not smoke or use a naked flame.
- Do not use electrical switches including light switches or anything that could cause a spark.
- Keep people away from the area.
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 15 September 2020 16:05
- Published: Monday, 14 September 2020 18:05