Supporting LGBT Staff
Proud to be Me Network
We want to be one of the best places to work for LGBT staff and provide a great service for our LGBT customers.
Our "Proud to be Me" Network is made up of LGBT and straight ally staff from across the organisation and works to continually raise the profile of LGBT equality.
- Working with local LGBT groups to learn from them and to ensure our services meet the needs of everyone
- Supporting and advising staff
- Arranging networking events
- Developing and rolling out Respect Training for all our staff
- Developing Lunch and Learn Events for our staff
- Taking part in Wolverhampton Pride and LGBT History Month.
Follow us on:
Gill Parton, chair of the Proud to be Me Network said:
I am an ‘out’ lesbian working for Wolverhampton Homes, this has given me the confidence to perform to my best abilities, concentrating on my job and not on protecting my identity. I feel valued and the contribution I make to both the company and the Proud to be Me Network makes me feel empowered and passionate to continue promoting LGBT issues within the work place and with our customers.
Becoming a Stonewall Diversity Champion
We have signed up to the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme. The initiative is run by Stonewall, the internationally renowned gay rights charity, and it is being spearheaded internally by our Chief Executive Lesley Roberts.
Embedded in our ethos and culture is a spirit of embracing and celebrating diversity among our staff, customers and stakeholders. We truly believe that our people perform better when they can be themselves. We are proud to sign up to this programme which allows us to demonstrate those values publicly, to our own staff and to the LGBT community.
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 May 2017 17:06