Believing in accessibility for all

Dad With Kids On Sofa

Renting privately

There are minimum standards that apply to all private rented housing which avoids people being housed in a poor condition. The standards ensure homes are safe to live in by being warm, energy efficient, and do not cause harm or illness to the occupiers.

What can I do if my rented home needs repairs?

  • If you are a tenant of a private landlord, further advice can be seen on the council's website on asking for repairs to be completed and accessing support if they are not complete
  • If you are a tenant of another housing association or managing agent, please contact them directly to complete the repairs required in your home
  • If you are a tenant of Wolverhampton Homes please contact our repairs service