Picture of boxes for moving home

At some point you may want to move home. There are a few options that you can consider when you are thinking of moving.


You can apply for a transfer through Homes in the City in the same way you originally applied for housing. Visit the Homes in the City Website and fill in the application.

Other Housing Providers

You can also regsiter with other lettings websites to find a new home with other housing providers:

Mutual Exchange 

A mutual exchange or house swap can be a quick and easy way to move to a home that suits you better - and you don't need to be on a waiting list or have a housing need. Find out more about a mutual exchange.

Low Cost Home Ownership

You may want to think about low cost home ownership, there are different options to help you buy a home that’s affordable for you and meets your needs. Visit Help to Buy.

If your home is too big for you, we may be able to offer you extra help to find a smaller home. Visit our Is your home too big? page.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.