It's not nice living with pests in your home, they can range from wasps, ants, cockroaches, mice, or rats.
If you're having trouble with pests, it's your responsibility to solve the issue, you can read this in your tenancy agreement (clause 65).
The City of Wolverhampton Council offer a pest control service for some pests for a fee. You can contact them for a quote.
How you can help
There are some things you can do to prevent pests:
- Don’t drop litter or feed wild birds in public areas – if you feed the birds in your garden clean by using a bird table or feeder.
- If you keep animals or birds, make sure their food is put in a place where rats and mice can’t get to and clean feeding areas every day.
- Keep your garden, shed, garage and house clear of waste food and rubbish.
- If you see rats in a public area, contact the council straight away.
- Last Updated: Monday, 06 June 2016 14:29