GUIDANCE NOTE: Landlord Permission -
Installation of a Satellite Dish, TV, Radio, CB Aerial or Digital Cable.
It is a requirement of your tenancy agreement that you must contact us for written permission to install a satellite dish, TV, radio, CB aerial or digital cable.
- Requests for permission to install a satellite dish, TV, radio, CB aerial or digital cable should be made on line using the form “Application for permission – Property”.
- If you live in a flat, please note that Wolverhampton Homes and City of Wolverhampton Council have upgraded communal TV reception systems to some blocks of flats where there is a landlord’s electricity supply. This was to coincide with the switchover from analogue to digital television. A database is available of properties that were included. Under normal circumstances we will not give consent for a dish, aerial or digital cable to be installed where we have already installed a communal network to the block.
- In considering whether to grant permission, Wolverhampton Homes shall have due regard to Planning Regulations.
- Satellite dishes, TV, radio, CB aerial and digital cable shall be installed at the tenant’s own expense.
- We may ask you to move or take down the satellite dish, TV, radio, CB aerial or digital cable for the purposes of carrying out essential repairs and maintenance work. Any such work will be undertaken by you and at your own expense. If you fail to make reasonable adjustments within the proposed timescale, we reserve the right to carry out the work on your behalf and recharge you.
We are unable to guarantee that the alteration or installation will be restored once the repair is complete and we will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of signal.
- Enforcement action may be taken by Wolverhampton Homes where a satellite dish, TV, radio, CB aerial or digital cable aerial or satellite dish is sited such that it is unsightly, causes damage or where a planning enforcement notice is served. The satellite dish, TV, radio, CB aerial or digital cable shall be removed or re-sited at the tenant’s own expense.
At the end of your tenancy you will be required to remove your satellite dish, TV, radio, CB aerial or digital cable and make good any damage.
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 21 January 2020 14:50