Are you eligible for free childcare for your little one?
Do you have, or do you know someone with a two-year-old who could be eligible for FREE childcare?
The Terrific for Twos scheme currently provides more than 900 families in Wolverhampton with 15 hours of FREE childcare a week, either with a child-minder, a playgroup, a day nursery or some maintained school nurseries.
Families in receipt of certain benefits can apply, and tenants are being urged to check whether they are eligible, or know someone who is.
Parents or guardians can take advantage of the Terrific for Twos offer if they are:
- are in receipt of Income Support
- are in receipt of income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- are in receipt of income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- receive support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act (NASS)
- receive the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
Or if they are working and:
- receive Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income less than £16,190
- receive Working Tax Credits and have an annual income less than £16,190
- receive Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- have a looked after child
- have an adopted child
- receive Disability Living Allowance
- have a two year old who is looked after by their local authority - if they have left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order
- have a child who has an Early Health Care Plan
To apply please visit Terrific for twos or call 01902 554242.
- Last Updated: Friday, 04 September 2015 10:35
- Published: Friday, 04 September 2015 09:05