The allocations policy is changing; from 12th January 2015 the residency rules are being changed from 12 to 24 months. This may affect your banding.
Wolverhampton City Council has an open housing register - anyone can join the register even if you live outside of Wolverhampton. However, if you live outside the city, or if you’ve lived outside of the city in the last 24 months, you will be put in band 4L. This means you will have a lower priority than local people.
The only exceptions to this rule are if you:
- have an emergency or urgent need to move to the city or
- have been offered a job in the city or
- are a member of the armed forces.
In these cases you will be placed in the band according to your housing need.
If you are affected by this change you do have a right of review. To request a review you must contact us within 21 days of the date you are notified of the decision and the reason you feel the decision is wrong.
- Last Updated: Friday, 26 October 2018 14:16
- Published: Tuesday, 06 January 2015 10:42