Listen and Translate
Picture of a Wolverhampton homes laseholder checking their service charge statement


When you buy a council flat or maisonette you become a leaseholder, this means that you have the right to occupy the property on a long lease for a fixed number of years.

City of Wolverhampton Council remains the freeholder of the building and is responsible for the exterior and structure of the building as well as the communal areas. You will be asked to contribute to the cost of maintaining these plus certain services that we provide, through your annual service charge. For more details, read our how charges are calculated page.

Pay Your Charges Online

Ways you can pay

  • Online - select “housing payments” from the drop down list.
  • Direct Debit
  • Phone – 0800 180 4464 day or night.
  • Standing order with these details: sort code 56-00-69 and account number 44470304

Make sure you have your payment reference with you as you’ll need it to make a payment

Overpaid service charges

If you have overpaid service charges, you can leave this on your account or request a refund.

To request a refund, please print the service charge refund form and return it to the homes sales. If you don't have access to a printer, please contact us and we will put a form in the post to you.

Once we've received your form, we aim to process your refund in 15 working days

Service charge refund form

Problems paying your service charge

If you receive an invoice from us that you cannot pay immediately, please contact the Leasehold Management Team for help. For more information read our problems paying your invoices page.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.