Believing in accessibility for all

Homeless services

Wolverhampton Homes provides Homeless Services on behalf of the City of Wolverhampton Council. If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, use the guidance below for specific advice and to find out how we can help you.

Contact us
Couple looking at letter

For tailored housing and homelessness advice, please visit Advice Aid.

The City of Wolverhampton Council also has advice and guidance for Housing and Homelessness on their website. This includes information on other agencies working in the city.


Advice Aid


Care leaver

Young people

If you are a young person looking for housing and homelessness advice, find out more information.

Women Talking

Parents and carers

If you are a parent or carer looking for housing and homelessness advice, find out more information.

Amie Koner

Duty to refer

If you are a professional with a duty to refer, find out more information.

How we can help

We will speak to you and take some details. This will help us to assess whether you are homeless or threatened with homelessness and if we are able to help you.

We will offer advice and guidance to help you. This may include:

  • Signposting or referring you to other people who may be able to help you
  • Negotiating with family and friends or your landlord for you to stay where you are
  • Speaking with other agencies to help solve your homelessness
  • Referring you to another area if applicable


If we owe a duty to you, we will make a homeless application.


Rent with Confidence

Rent with Confidence (RwC) scheme is aimed at working with the private rented sector to improve the quality, standard of property conditions and management of the sector. Rent with Confidence also has a mediation service for landlords and tenants called Call Us First.


Rent with Confidence 


Free legal advice for people facing eviction or repossession

People facing eviction or repossession in England and Wales will be able to receive expert legal advice free of charge, helping them to keep their homes and avoid lengthy, costly court proceedings.

The advice will be available from the moment a written notice is received by a tenant or homeowner, which could be in the form of an email from a landlord or letter from a mortgage provider. They will also be able to have legal representation in court, regardless of their financial circumstances.


Free legal advice


Help with rent in advance and deposits

Find more information and see whether you are eligible for help.


Rent in advance



Find out what to do if you are not happy with a decision we have made relating to your homelessness.