The council are required to publish a local offer, which sets out the services and the support available for care leavers. You can find this offer here
There are certain processes we need to follow to make sure you are getting the right support.
To help us understand how best to support you, you will be asked some questions to allow us to assess your needs. Wolverhampton Homes will work jointly with your Young Persons Advisor to resolve your housing problem.
- Wolverhampton Homes undertake a homelessness assessment under the homeless legislation to prevent your homelessness or find somewhere else for you to live.
- Wolverhampton Homes will develop a Personalised Housing Plan (PHP) with you and take steps to help you find and keep accommodation.
- You must cooperate with the assessment and the steps set out for you in your PHP.
- There are different types of accommodation and Wolverhampton Homes and your Young Persons Advisor will identify the right level of support for you.
- You will have an allocated worker in Wolverhampton Homes, who will help you to access financial/budgeting support, education/work, other independent living skills.
- You will have a right to review decisions if the duty towards you comes to an end.
At all times, your Young Persons Advisor or Wolverhampton Homes will make sure you have all the information you need and that your views are recorded and considered.