Anyone with a disability who has had an assessment from a Social Services occupational therapist is eligible. Facilities grants can range from minor works such as installing ramps to major works such as extensions (up to a maximum of £30,000).
For more information contact the City of Wolverhampton Council on 01902 553666.
If you have a query relating to an existing application or adaptation please email HIA@WolverhamptonHomes.org.uk
If you are an owner-occupier in Wolverhampton, aged over 60 and on income-related benefits you may be eligible for the Healthy Homes Grant. Financial assistance is based on the total value of your property. Currently, this falls under two categories:
- £0 - £500 through a non-repayable grant
- £501 - £10,000 through a repayable grant (loan). A charge will be added to the property through a local land charge and the amount of the loan will be repaid in full on sale, change of ownership or demolition of the property.
We may also be able to help if you are:
- under 60
- receive DLA/PIP or ESA
- are on income-related benefits
- are an owner-occupier
- provide grants or loans to remove hazards from your home, this can include electrical work, roofing, UPVC windows and doors
- offer a free handyperson service
- offer free gas safety checks and repairs
- provide the option for all works to be carried out by a trusted tradesman
- offer advice and support in adapting your home including Disabled Facilities Grants
- discuss housing options with you and help you to make choices about your housing needs such as downsizing or moving to another area
- provide help and advice to keep you safe and secure at home
- point you to other organisations, including charities, who could help you
- visit you in your home to look at what improvements could be beneficial to you and advise on alarms and equipment
- give advice and information on energy efficiency and work with you to make your home more energy efficient to reduce bills
- complete inspections after work has been carried out to ensure that you are happy with the service you have received
- talk to you about any additional services that might be available to you
- support homeowners suffering domestic abuse by carrying out minor safety repairs
Find out more
To discuss how we could help you please contact us or email HIA@wolverhamptonhomes.org.uk
If you meet all the criteria below you may be eligible for a free boiler and heating system up to the value of £5,000. Equally, you could be provided with a free repair or upgrade to your existing system if that is all you require.
- you have a long-term health problem that is related to living in a cold or damp property (please contact us to check if your health condition qualifies)
- you own the home that you live in
- you have lived in your property for at least 12 months
- your property is Council Tax band A, B or C
- you are claiming an income-related or disability benefit such as guaranteed pension credit or disability living allowance
You will not have to pay this money back - it is completely free! To find out if you qualify please email HIA@Wolverhamptonhomes.org.uk
Wolverhampton Homes provides a Telecare service to support vulnerable people to live independently in their own homes and communities and provides reassurance to individuals, carers and families 24/7.